Katherine Lomax is a caring, creative and passionate event professional who is highly regarded in both Edmonton and abroad. Katherine’s attention to detail, trend setting designs and custom rentals set her apart in her industry and she is known for her generous personal and professional planning contributions to the non-profit fundraising community of Edmonton.
Katherine’s greatest attribute is that she is a team player who loves collaborating with fellow industry professionals to ensure that above all, the client’s needs are gloriously met.
Education and Experience
Originally a graduate of the University of Alberta – Faculty of Education, Katherine’s warm communication style is coupled with a strong attention to detail and organizational talent. Ultimately these highly sought after qualities led her to leave the teaching profession and spread her wings in the early 1990’s to pursue her true calling – Event Planning and design.
For over 20 years, Katherine has been lending her passion for people, keen listening skills, expertise and creative talents to making your events dreams a reality. Contact Katherine for your next event.
- Elegant Touches- Celebrating 16 years in 2015
- Executive Producer – Edmonton Bridal Expo
- 2013-2015 President- MPI Edmonton
- 2013-2014 Director – ISES Edmonton
- 2012 – 2014 Wedding Planning Institute: Exclusive Canadian Distributor of Preston Bailey Event Design and Floral Courses.
- 2010-2011 Instructor – Special Events Management Certificate, Nait
- 2010 – 2012 Vice President of Education – MPI Edmonton
- Top 40 Under 40 Alumni- Avenue Magazine
- 2010 Planner of the Year – MPI
Katherine is the soccer mom of three beautiful daughters, a dog lover and a known caffeine addict (like all good planners). She secretly has a passion for heavy metal music, often reads her magazines from back to front and frequently cries at Cirque du Soleil performances out of appreciation of the creative beauty.